Trafalgar’s core business is the property management of sectional title schemes and home owners associations. Trafalgar understands that the management effectiveness of a property directly affects peoples’ homes, lifestyles and the value of their primary assets, which is why we’re dedicated to providing a comprehensive and tailored sectional title management service. With over forty years experience, specialist systems and professional staff, Trafalgar offers a complete property management service tailored to meet the needs of individual schemes. We are fully registered with the Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB), National Association of Managing Agents (NAMA) and Council for Debt Collectors. Current registration certificates for all these regulatory bodies are posted on this web site. Please click here to see Trafalgar’s Sectional Title and HOA Property Management Brochure.
Each sectional title property managed by Trafalgar is allocated a dedicated sectional title portfolio manager as a single point of entry and primary communication channel. All Trafalgar’s portfolio managers have completed a UCT Sectional Title and Property Management course, are supported by a support team consisting of a personal assistant, debt collector and accountant as well as customised property management, maintenance and document management computer information systems.
Effective financial management and reporting is a core component and competitive advantage of Trafalgar’s sectional title property management service. Compiling and circulating detailed monthly management reports including income statements, performance to budget and variance reports, levy rolls, disbursement statements and credit control reports is a standard part of Trafalgar’s property management service. For convenience, all our reports are available by email or online in real time. We also prepare annual budgets, review financial performance monthly and prepare an annual audit file at year end to promote a time efficient and cost effective audit. Levy roll packs are circulated on the 1st working day of each month for the prior month with income statement packs following on the 10th working day.
Monthly levy and utility payments by owners are made easy, as our infrastructure provides for multiple payment channels including debit orders, stop orders, telephone banking, internet banking and deposits at any Standard Bank branch nationally. Owners may log-in online to retrieve levy account balances and detailed property related information and financial reports are available on a property specific web site we call the Property Portal linked to www.trafalgar.co.za
Trafalgar’s Comprehensive Sectional Title Management Scope:
1. Dedicated Sectional Title Portfolio Manager and the Property Management Team:
- A dedicated and specialised team consisting of a sectional title portfolio manager, personal assistant, debt collector and accountant will be assigned to manage your body corporate
- All portfolio managers are extensively trained in sectional title management and will have completed a UCT Sectional Title and Property Management Course together with a variety of in house courses
- The team structure ensures that the appropriate specialist skills are applied to the management of your property and provides cover in the event of leave and training
2. Billing and Collections:
- Distribution of monthly levy statements to owners by post, courier, email and internet options are all available, although email is the preferred channel due to energy, convenience and green friendly considerations
- Collection of monthly levies by debit order, electronic banking, direct deposit and branch deposit are all available, while credit card payment service is provided at selected branches
- Credit control of all outstanding levies
- Trafalgar is a fully registered Debt Collector and is therefore governed by the Debt Collectors Act. Debt collection charges are therefore regulated and are charged directly to the levy defaulter and recovered directly from the individual and not from the Body Corporate. As a registered Debt Collector, we are able to blacklist levy defaulters which affects their credit rating.
- Billing of interest on arrears
- Attorney collections liaison
- Liaison with meter reading service companies for specific service / utility billing and recoveries included with the monthly levy statements and collections
- Issue of levy clearance certificates
- Payment of approved creditors and municipal accounts
- All disbursements approved and signed off in accordance with Trustee instructions and the relevant legislation
- Maintenance of electronic voucher files
- Immediate SMS notification to all specified trustees on every payment made to creditors.
- Electronic automated e-mail requests are sent to all the trustees to obtain a minimum of two trustees’ approval to pay creditors.
- Netcash verification reports are obtained prior to paying all creditors to ensure that the creditors invoice and banking details are correct.
4. Insurance and Property Financial Services:
- Broker services for sectional title schemes to ensure appropriate insurance cover at competitive rates.
- Administration and disbursement of claims
- Annual claims history reporting
- Refurbishment loans
- Levy factoring to enhance Body Corporate cash flow
5. Meeting Attendance and Secretarial Service:
- Attendance at four (4) trustees meetings per year as well as the Annual General Meeting.
- Preparation and distribution of notices of meetings, agendas and minutes.
- Organisation and minuting of the Annual General Meeting
6. Advisory Service:
- Immediate advisory service regarding provisions of the Sectional Title Act and other relevant legislation
7. Personnel records:
- Direct (electronic) payment of salaries and wages to staff
- Calculation and payment of UIF and P.A.Y.E. deductions
- Issuing of payslips to bodies’ corporate staff members
- Keeping records of bodies corporate leave
- Prompting trustees for bodies corporate staff annual bonuses
- Maintenance of staff records
- Advisory services for labour legislation issues and disputes
8. Statutory Records:
- Maintenance of statutory records of the body corporate including:
- Books of account
- Conduct rules and regulations thereto
- Registered sectional title plans
- Register of bondholders and owners
- Minute books
- Voucher files and accounting records
- Employee and payroll records
9. Maintenance administration:
- Maintenance administration to arrange quotes, booking contractors and facilitating invoice approval by a dedicated maintenance admnistrator
- All Trafalgar offices have panels of approved contractors as maintenance partners: their workmanship, regulatory body registration, insurance and labour legislation compliance and cost effectiveness has been positively tested from extensive prior experience.
10. Internet and e-mail:
- Trafalgar’s website (www.trafalgar.co.za) offers our clients the opportunity to register online in order to view their levy account details
- Trustees and owners of sectional title schemes managed by Trafalgar can also register for the ‘Marketplace Online’ to view monthly income and expense reports, rules, plans, contact information and other relevant property management information.
11. Computer systems:
- Trafalgar utilises a specialised property management computer information system that operates in real time – in other words all payments made or received show on the system immediately. In addition, extensive development of the system over the last seven years has been undertaken to ensure that system reports and functionality is optimised to keep in line with current technology best practices.
- Trafalgar also utilises a computerised document management and workflow system to both securely and electronically archive relevant property related legal documentation and automatically manage the workflow for creditors invoice approval and processing.
12. Take-on Assessment ‘Health Check’:
- On taking on a property, a sectional title take-on specialist will be assigned to ensure a smooth transition to Trafalgar.
- The person concerned will perform a ‘health check’ of the property to confirm that all the appropriate hand-over information is available and loaded, and that your property and management thereof is fully compliant with all the relevant regulations and legislation.
- After a smooth take-on has been achieved, a sectional title portfolio manager will be selected by the take-on specialist to continue with the ongoing management of the property.
- It is our experience that if the take-on of a property is thorough and effective, the ongoing success of the management service is assured.
- The Health Check includes:
- Deeds search to confirm that correct owners and their details are loaded for levy billing and communication purposes
- Validation of sectional tile plans, PQ and levy schedule
- Budget review, identification of risks and formulation of recommendations
- Performance to budget review (PTB), assessment of reserves and evaluation of variances
- Assessment of maintenance plans
- Assessment of insurance cover
- Assessment of firefighting equipment and other relevant risk procedures
- Confirmation of conduct rules lodged with the deeds office
- Assessment of owner accounts, arrear levies and credit control effectiveness
- Assessment of compliance to relevant legislation
- Compilation of a report and action log to address identified gaps
- Compilation of a property management control schedule demonstrating required monthly operational activities to be managed and confirmed
13. Additional Advisory and Support Services:
- Recruitment of contractors and staff as required
- Assisting with drafting of conduct rules and amendments thereto
- Attendance at special general meetings
- The submission of Annual Tax Returns (IT14)
- The submission and completion of Provisional and Annual Tax Returns
- Caretaker supervisory services on a flexi-time basis to fit budgetary, capacity and cash flow parameters