Trafalgar is the leading residential letting agency across South Africa, letting and managing residential properties across all major metropolitan areas. Trafalgar is dedicated to providing a comprehensive and tailored sectional title and Home Owners Association (HOA) property management service. Trafalgar offers a commercial property management service catering for all the management requirements associated with commercial, Retail and Industrial property. Trafalgar is an authorised financial services and credit provider with a specialist property insurance broking focus on sectional title insurance and finance.
Trafalgar is the market leader in Residential Property Management nationally. Trafalgar’s Cape Town office requires a self-motivated, dedicated individual for their Sectional Title division. Candidate must be organised and meticulous. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. Experience in the Bookkeeping environment is required.
Role and responsibilities
Monthly PTB Review
- Analysis of General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, completeness and validity of information. Qdocs to be used as a cross reference.
- Capturing of journal entries to correct misallocations and to update external and investment account balances.
- Noting any variances or concerns on the Chairman Pack report and escalating same to the designated Portfolio Manager.
- Advising the Portfolio Manager of new or existing insolvent schemes
- Monthly updating of municipal reconciliations.
- Monthly escalation of insurance claim, petty cash and legal fee enquiries to the Portfolio Manager.
- Monthly recording of PTB distribution date on building control schedule.
Budget Preparation and Loading
- Prepare the annual budget using the Trafalgar template and Budget Questionnaire.
- Unibase Multi month columnar report and Qdocs invoice report to be used to cross reference financial information.
- Trustee approved or AGM approved budget to be loaded on Unibase timeously once received from the Portfolio Manager.
- Prepare and submit the annual income tax return with reference to the audited financial statements.
- Prepare and submit the monthly or bi-monthly VAT return with reference to the Unibase VAT report and exception reports.
- Quarterly request a SARS statement of account and ensure no outstanding returns, payments or refunds.
Annual Audit File Preparation
- General ledger to be thoroughly scrutinized for accuracy, completeness and validity of financial information. All outstanding debtors / creditors to be raised and Balance Sheet items to be confirmed and agreed to third party information before the audit report is prepared.
- Qdocs audit report together with any required attachments to be copied to CD and circulated to the auditor promptly.
Review of Audited Financial Statements, Resolution of Audit Queries, Distribution of AFS and Capturing of Audit Adjustments on Unibase.
- Timeous and clear resolution of audit queries with the assistance of Portfolio Manager and Trustees when requested.
- Draft AFS to be scrutinized and all audit journals related to the Balance Sheet to be investigated, understood and questioned if necessary
- AFS to be distributed to the Portfolio Manager once all queries are resolved.
- Adjusting audit journals to be passed and agreed on Unibase once the AFS are approved.
- Daily review of email / correspondence/ queries and attendance and resolution of same within a 24 hour time period as far as possible.
- Daily updating of building control schedules so as to accurately record the financial status of the building.
- Candidate – Must have advance Excel
- Able to work under pressure
- Enjoy working within a team