SECTIONAL TITLE AND HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION (‘HOA’) PROPERTY MANAGEMENT YOU CAN TRUST
Trafalgar understands the significant asset and emotional value of sectional title and home owners association properties because these are people’s homes and significant investments. Robust, comprehensive and trusted property management services are therefore very important. That is why Trafalgar is dedicated to providing a comprehensive and tailored sectional title and HOA property management service. With over forty years’ experience as professional property managers, Trafalgar strives to add value to our clients’ lifestyles and property assets.
Trafalgar is fully registered with the Estate Agency Affairs Board (“EAAB”), the National Association of Managing Agents (“NAMA”) and Council for Debt Collectors. Registration certificates with all Trafalgar’s registration details can be found under the Online Services heading on this web site.
Trafalgar’s residential property management service covers the full management requirements of Sectional Title Bodies Corporate and Home Owners Associations (HOA’s), and consists of the following features:
- Billing and distribution of owner levy statements by email, post or delivery to the property
- Collection of levies and monthly charges together with client service support
- Follow-up of unpaid charges
- Liaising with attorneys appointed to manage legal collections
2. Financial Management
- Payment of and accounting for approved expenses, including salaries and wages
- Preparation of the Annual Budget of Income and Expenditure
- Monthly financial reporting, including performance to budget, balance sheet, levy roll, unit arrears, credit control report, surplus report, creditors roll and investment account bank statement(s)
- Annual audit file preparation
- Completion and submission of statutory returns
- Surplus funds invested in call accounts to maximise interest earnings
3. Administration, Secretarial and Advisory Services
- Preparation and circulation of notices for General Meetings
- Arranging, attending and taking minutes for trustee / directors’ meetings
- Preparation and mailing of correspondence
- Preparation and issuing of Clearance Certificates
- Sectional Title and Home Owners Association management advice
- Liaison with maintenance and building contractors
- Maintenance of statutory and permanent records
4. Insurance Services
- Insurance cover for common property and improvements brokered by Trafalgar Financial Services.
- Claims management for policies brokered by Trafalgar Financial Services
5. Property Internet Site and Online Access to Management Information
- Direct online access to minutes, rules, plans, contact details and real time financial reports on Marketplace Online.
- Electronic reporting of levy statements and management information
6. Professional Team
A dedicated team consisting of an experienced Residential Property Portfolio Manager, assisted by a Personal Assistant , Debt Collector, Accountant and Maintenance Administrator will be assigned to manage all aspects of your property management service requirements. Municipal accounts and clearance certificate administrators are further members of the property management team.
Some properties are not in a position to afford a full time caretaker even though maintenance, security, cleaning and pool care responsibilities may require it. A well-maintained property not only enhances the lifestyles of residents, but it also preserves and enhances the value of residential property assets, rentals and returns. Our Flexi-caretaker service will manage contractors, gardeners, cleaners, security guards and maintenance workers, as well as conduct regular inspections and attend to urgent maintenance projects on a flexi-time basis and to fit a particular property’s needs, budget and cash flow.
8. Property Loans
Routine maintenance and improvements such as painting, waterproofing and security installations are vital to preserving the value of a property and the lifestyles of residents. Trafalgar can help overcome cash flow constraints with flexible loans on competitive terms to fund such necessities and within cash flow affordability parameters. A property loan of this nature often allows onerous special levies to be avoided as well as inflationary escalations that arise when maintenance requirements are postponed.
9. Levy Solutions
Eliminate the pressures of late and arrear levies with a product that settles the full levy income, less a cost-effective and agreed finance charge, on the 1st working day of each month. Levy solutions achieves a consistent and predictable cash flow for a property and supports accurate planning for maintenance or refurbishment projects. One month’s notice provides maximum flexibility and on inception, up to 90% of all levy arrears are refunded to the property to provide a cash flow injection to settle creditors such as municipal services and maintenance contractors.
10. Executive Managing Agent
Trafalgar is equipped to provide an executive managing agent service as envisaged in the legislative clause copied below, promulgated on the 7th October 2016. This service covers the role of Trustees where time, capacity and location for traditional Trustee involvement at the body corporate, are challenges. As stipulated, Trafalgar will cover both the role of managing agent and the board of Trustees, circulating to all owners on a quarterly basis, a full management report and newsletter, explaining the financial and facility management performance of the building together with relevant planning ahead. The overriding objectives for the executive managing agent service will be good governance, legislative compliance, facility management effectiveness and sound maintenance planning to add value to the building and individual sections over the long term. For a full description of the legislative provisions for an executive managing agent, please see https://www.trafalgar.co.za/executive-managing-agent/
- Sectional Titles Schemes Management Act
- Sectional Title Scheme Management Regulations
- Annexure 1 – Prescribed Management Rules
- Annexure 2 – Prescribed Conduct Rules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Signed CSOS Regulations
- Signed CSOS Regulations Levies Fees
- Community Scheme Ombuds Services